Ms. Roy has been solving legal problems for individuals, entrepreneurs, and businesses in Georgia for over a decade. Her career began in some of the southeast’s most respected law firms, where she practiced primarily in business and real estate litigation.
Ms. Roy’s practice includes legal disputes for small to mid-size business clients and individuals in a variety of contexts. She handles contract disputes, real estate litigation, fraud claims, fiduciary matters, negligence claims, shareholder direct and derivative actions, collection matters, probate litigation, insurance disputes, employment and separation agreement disputes, and select personal injury cases.
Before attending law school, Ms. Roy worked for one of the world’s largest global music and entertainment companies. Ms. Roy has also worked as a professional actress and is a passionate advocate for the arts.
- Provides these services to small & mid-size Georgia businesses: (e.g., production companies, art galleries, printing companies, water-filtration system businesses, and auction houses)
- Employment & separation agreements;
- Commercial leases;
- Cellular tower leases – negotiated 400% increase in sign-on bonus; 75% increase in yearly rent; 40% increase in revenue share;
- Billboard leases;
- Purchase & Sale Agreements;
- Operating Agreements;
- $130MM sale-leaseback bond validation proceedings: assisted in litigating against intervenors attempting to block issuance of bonds by development authority for 2 commercial developments, resulting in dismissal of intervention, award of attorney’s fees and validation of bond;
- Development Authority – sale-leaseback bond validation proceedings: assisted in defending development authority against intervenor challenging lease-purchase bond validation, resulting in bond validation;
- $13MM real estate action: represented developer seeking injunction and breach of contract against lender on foreclosure action;Zoning/Liquor License: represented developers opposing issuance of liquor license issuance due to violations of zoning laws;
- $10MM pharmaceutical products liability action: obtained settlement for no payment and dismissal of client from case after discovering procedural defect, undiscovered by large-firm counsel for co-defendants;
- $6MM products liability action: obtained successful JNOV for international woodworking manufacturer in products liability action involving hand injury and finger amputation (4th Appellate District (2004));
- $2.2MM real estate action: obtained favorable settlement against developers/sellers in residential real estate fraud case, obtained water rights & reformation of deeds and confirmed zoning compliance;
- Real Estate: represented developer in breach of contract and violations of Georgia Prompt Pay Act lawsuit against national general contractor, resulting in favorable settlement and injunction;
- Mediated and negotiated favorable settlement for local developer against international lodging and hotel corporation for abuse of easement and violations of local zoning ordinances;
- Fraud: Negotiated favorable settlement against one of world’s largest timeshare companies by obtaining lump sum payment and rescission of six (6) timeshare contracts for timeshare fraud;
- Collection/Accounts: Assisted in obtaining jury verdict on behalf of international woodworking machinery manufacturer against business who failed to pay for machinery, claiming it was defective; obtained judgment in favor of global franchisor of chicken quick service restaurants against franchisee of 17 restaurant locations; obtained many dismissals for customers against debt collectors;
- Estate/Probate: Represented Estate of high profile sports figure in probate litigation and extensive probate preservation and distribution of assets;
- Art Law: Represented artists in Georgia Consignment of Art Act cases both in civil and criminal complaints against art dealers who fail to pay for artworks;
- Art Law/Fiduciary/Conversion: Proved evidence tampering and perjury in artist case resulting in striking of art dealer’s counterclaim and award of attorney fees against one of Georgia’s largest art dealers;
- Product liability: Mediated and negotiated favorable settlement for nuisance value for aeronautical product manufacturer against personal injury claims.